
Return Of The Jedi...
(Or, How I Learned To Love The Blog...)
Hello, friends -
After what appears (in checking my last blog entry, November 14th!) to be longer than I intended, I am back to the Blog... I am well, and have much to share...
My excuse for not writing will be life itself, and the return to what I consider normality, although my life, and that of my family has been anything but!
Let's see - I am now living full-time in Southern California - Marina Del Rey, to be exact. I have a three-bedroom apartment only about 2 blocks from the physical marina, and there is an amazing amount of things within walking distance - really a great area; people are friendly, and the weather has been gorgeous (on average 10 degrees warmer in the Winter than Vegas, and 10 degrees cooler the rest of the year - not bad!)
I have been here since I believe November 19th (of what will be in an hour for us West-Coasters - LAST year :) ) leaving my wife and son back in Las Vegas - and here I thought fighting cancer would be the hardest thing I did this year! Wow, do I miss them a lot! It's been hard on all of us, the distance, the emotional toll that it takes, etc. Tricia has been amazing getting the house packed up and in order, working hard selling off a bunch of our belongings - we're moving from a 4 bedroom house plus a loft into a 3 bedroom apartment, after all - can't (and don't want to) take everything with us - a fresh start! We're all excited by the possibilities (even Sam!). It will be great once we're all back together again - it's been hard not being together for this last little bit - I've driven (and flown) back and forth a few times, as has Tricia... but the last 2 weeks (3 before it's all over) have been especially difficult and lonely.
I got a new job! Thank you to everyone who worked so hard with getting me contacts, and making introductions on my behalf - I will never be able to tell you what it truly meant to me for so many people to come out to help me - I am blessed, and will not forget that. A dear old friend (and client) of mine from the Florida days (WAY back) made an introduction out in Venice California for me, and I went out for an interview the end of October, and accepted the offer beginning of November, and came out around the 15th (started work the 19th I believe). Please visit http://www.fisheggs.tv to visit the company website and to see some of our work. This is a graphics company who does the opens and show graphics for national television shows (mostly gameshows and reality tv, with the occasional film title thrown in for good measure)... we did the graphics for DUEL that just aired on ABC, and we're working on the new American Gladiators that will air this next week, along with a spin off of Dancing With The Stars, to mention a few. Really fun, national work, and I am enjoying myself very much. My title at the new company is Creative Director. The company was also responsible for all of the graphics for Deal Or No Deal.
California is SO laid back.. I am totally enjoying the relaxed atmosphere... Venice especially... it's SUCH a change of pace.. and I like the concept...
What else.. hmm.. AHH.. my health! I am doing well, thank you - as last mentioned in the blog, I got a clean bill of health from all doctors. When I go back to Vegas (10 days and counting) I have appointments with both my oncologist and my endocrinologist. Necessary check-ups of course. My hair is growing back too - my goatee and stubble is back full-force.. body hair is making it's way back.. slowly, but getting there - hair on my head is progressing nicely - I am really torn if I want to grow it back all the way now.. strange I had (in my head) such an aversion to being bald... then looked good bald, now that it's growing back in, I'm not sure I am going to let it get too long... We'll see.. :) I am posting a photo at the top of this entry so you can see what I look like.. in case you've forgotten (grin!)...
Tricia and Samuel will be moving out with me (FINALLY!) the second week of January. I am flying out, and we'll be driving back together (after the movers leave)... Sammy is all done with school and had a big pizza party to say goodbye to all of his friends and his teachers (sniff!)... but he's ready to go to a new school and have to new friends in Cali-forn-eeia (he calls it). And to move to the 'hotel' as he calls our new apartment - I have to keep correcting him that it's NOT a hotel - it's our new 'house'. He just can't wait to get back to the beach with all the sand! Last time we went to Venice Beach it was with my brother and his family, and we walked out to the edge of the water... it was the closest he'd ever been to the ocean. All he cared about was getting shells! It was cold that night too... Tricia's doing great - a little stressed about getting all the packing completed, but she's close and is being a real trooper... she's awesome... Can't wait to be together as a family again -
Anyway, my MAIN intent in writing this evening is A.) I was bored out of my mind being alone on New Year's Eve; B.) to wish all my family and friends who read this a VERY happy, HEALTHY New Year; and C.) to update everyone on my progress (at least those who still check back here after two months of no new posts!)
SO - Happy, Healthy and Safe New Year to everyone - I believe I will go to sleep now - I don't think I need to watch Ryan Seacrest and Dick Clark drop the new ball in NYC... I have plenty to be thankful for this year - I've made most of my resolutions LONG before the 1st rolled around, and I plan to stick to them!
Thanks everyone - I will make sure to check in more frequently and update you on our new California Adventure!
Pittle - OUT!

No comments:
Post a Comment