Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Leaving Las Vegas
(Or "The Adventures Continue"...)


Hi all,

A quick update as promised:

I went to my secondary appointment with the Doctor who diagnosed the cancer, and did the physical operation... and another clean bill of health! Woo hoo! He was as happy as I was, it seemed - and no more operations! Yeah! So that was exciting and good news!

On the job front - I've accepted the offer! Yeah... we came to an agreement, and all is good.. I am going to be starting officially on Monday the 19th of this month... TP, Sam and I headed out to the west coast this past Sunday to check out the Venice area... we ended up finding an apartment in Marina Del Rey, a gorgeous area about 5-10 minutes away from work... it's amazing that we're moving again! Gotta love it... unfortunately I have to be away from them for a little bit at least - I am actually going out this Sunday until early Thursday morning (Thanksgiving, after all - an especially important holiday this year; not to be preachy, but take a minute and think of all the things you have to be thankful for in your life this year - believe me, I have PLENTY!) and then I'll drive back to LV, and then head back to CA again with another car-load.

It will probably be a month or two until we all get out to Cali... so it'll be a little rough on us all for a bit, but we'll get through it - the end result is the most important, and we're all looking forward to a fresh start!

We got a chance to spend a little time on the Venice Beach boardwalk walking around which was fun, and we explored the Marina area as well - LOTS of fun things to see and do... looking forward to being closer to my brother and his family, as well as my Aunt and Uncle and some cousins as well...

SO - as the header says, the adventure continues - and it certainly does... keep checking back, as I am sure they'll be plenty more to report as we move forward... oh and by the way.. my hair started to grow back (a little) ... the softest almost white fuzz on my chin and mustache is coming in slowly... nothing on my head (or the rest of me!) yet, but give it time...

To all those I haven't spoken to in person due to the craziness of the past week or so - I WILL be getting in touch - I just wanted everyone to know what was going on, and this is the most global way for me to do that - please don't feel slighted if I didn't tell you what was going on in person!

Thanks again for the good wishes and prayers - I am feeling SO much better, and am truly on the upswing!

Pittle OUT!

No comments: