Tuesday, July 31, 2007


JRP - Reboot Day Two - (or, The Chemo Continues!)
(I will be adding a photo of myself every day, just to see any physical changes that might occur, to have a record - cool, huh?)

Day two is complete, without too much fanfare or craziness... Tricia and I got to the Nevada Cancer Institute at just before 8am, were greeted at the front desk as always, and headed up the 3rd floor to wait for the 'chemo line' as I've named it in my head. Basically all the people who are waiting for treatment, and their 'drivers/spouses/friends, etc.' are hanging out in the waiting room, and just after the stroke of 8 (more like 8:15 today) a nurse comes out and leads the parade back to the treatment floor, and we file in one by one...

There's the weigh-in (you would imagine either I ate like a pig, or am full of treatment fluids, since I seem to have gained 2 pounds on their scale since yesterday?? 165.5 from 163.5?) Then you go get to pick a comfy chair, and they take your vitals (blood pressure, temp. and heartbeat all at once)... then they hook you in :)

My treatment is the same every day - about 2 hours of hydration bag, 20-30 minutes of pre-meds (including non-nausea medications) then a bag of EP, and then the platnin (sp?) and the rest of the hydration afterwards - basically taking from about 8:30-2'ish - so not quite the 8 hours they suggested on the high side, but manageable.

Trish hung out with me again today, bless her - bored to tears I am sure, but not saying so... And Cheryl came to visit me too, which was nice... now Tricia is trying to figure out who the guy was who came in for treatment as we were leaving - convinced he's celebrity of some sort.. talk show host or something... I don't know - he DID look familiar though... have to ask for his autograph tomorrow!

That's it for today - no nausea, so happy for that, and no pain or fatigue as of yet - still able to eat normally, though trying to keep it bland just in case. Why tempt fate?

Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts - it means a lot!

Pittle - OUT!

No comments: