Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Well, I haven't been as good at this as I had hoped to be, but I am trying to make a snapshot of my days, at least when Sammy is young, so we get a feel when he did things, and what he did. Speaking of things he's done.. he started to crawl not this past Saturday, but the Satuday before (June the 19th).. Tricia and I were getting dressed for my Rotary dinner, and Sam was on the bed watching Elmo. I was in my bathroom, when she yelled into me to come into the bedroom. I ran in, thinking something was wrong, but instead all I found was Sam on his hands and knees at the edge of the bed.. he'd been getting up like that for a week or two, so I thought nothing of it. "What?" I asked.. Tricia said "HE CRAWLED THERE!".. she saw it her self.. as she was saying that, I must've caught Sammy's eye, because he proceeded to get up, and crawl across the bed to me! WOW.. if I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes I would'nt have believed it! How cool! We then had to run to the dinner, and left him with our friend Kristin... Then this past Saturday we went to Holly's 5th birthday party (FIVE! Can you believe it?!?) where there were a few babies Sam's age for him to play with. One in particular, Baby Joey was two days older than Sam, and had been crawling well and sitting up on his own for about 2 weeks. They played together (until Sam spit up, and Joey's mom came running over to retrieve her 'precious', who we never saw again for the rest of the day.. geez!) .. Sam was watching Baby Joey's antics VERY intently.. and when we got home that night, he began to try to implement his crawling style... it seemed to work, since he is really becoming mobile.. is'nt 100% there yet, but he can sure make it across a room pretty quick when he wants something (mommy, daddy, toy, etc.) He's currently doing the combo roll and crawl technique.. pretty cute to watch.. he'll crawl a little, get frustrated, then roll in the direction he wants to go, then crawl some more.. I know he's only a few days/a week away from just crawling.. he's really amazing.. It's hard to believe we've been so blessed, but we're both thankful every day. More posts later... Pittle OUT.

No comments: