Monday, October 01, 2007

Cycle Four, Day ZERO (Day before day one!)
(Or, "Yes please, I'll take a heart attack along with the cancer, thank you very much!)

Ok, witty titles aside, here's at least (it is NOW!) a quick laugh to make me stop thinking about all the craziness that's going on... here's how it went down...

Saturday (yesterday) we were all beat in the afternoon, between stress, me not feeling good - Trish had a headache, etc. etc... so TP and I went in for a quick nap, and gated Sammy upstairs with us - he said he wasn't tired, so he went to go play in his playroom... well, we both slept a few hours (guess we needed it), and I woke up first to use the bathroom... then I figured I'd go look for the Sam Man to see what he was up to...

Well, first I looked in the office... no Sam... playroom... nope... his room - lights were on, but bed (and room) were empty... started to panic a little, since the gate was still up... came back out, checked the office.. nope... nobody in his bathroom... looked in our room, closet, bathroom, etc.. NO SAM! NOW I am getting nervous and upset... I called his name a few times...no response... NOT GOOD... so I went back in his room again, and pulled the covers off his bed.. nothing... his closet door was open, but he wasn't in it... thats when I turned around.. AND SAW HIS FEET STICKING OUT FROM UNDER THE HEAD OF HIS BED! HOLY CRAP!

I literally (you know, the stories you always read about in Reader's Digest where the grandma gets an adrenaline rush and pulls the pickup off someone, etc.) got a rush and grabbed his head board and lifted the bed up in the air.... and there he was, face, down, unconscious (sleeping, but how would I know that at the moment) I FREAKED... I yelled his name, no response... then I (with the hand that wasn't holding up the bed) shook his arm and called his name, and the grumpiest, sleepiest little kid ever looked up at me and said 'What, Dad?', well I picked him up, put the bed back down and gave him the biggest hug ever... he wasn't too pleased with me for waking him up, but I wasn't too pleased about thinking he was in trouble, either! So we're even!

Nice way to scare your good ole' Dad, boy...

Oh well - I just wanted to put a quick note out there and thank everyone who's responded to me thus far with contacts and suggestions, etc. for my current unemployment status... keep 'em coming if you have 'em (grin)... any and all assistance in that department is appreciated.

Next, we're trying to do something creative with the house - like put it up on eBay, or maybe trade it for a cheaper one, who knows... maybe my new employer will want a nice chateau here in Viva Las Vegas... we'll see... we'll have to do something in the next month or two depending on the situation... we'll let you know when the news stations pick up on our creative story (grin!)

Talk to you tomorrow!

Pittle - OUT!

No comments: