Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Home again... naturally..
(Or, How To Extend Your Hospital Stay Without Really Trying...)

Hi all - just a quick note now that I can type again - I got home from the hospital tonight around 6pm... I'd been in since Thursday afternoon when I was admitted into the emergency room at Summerlin Hospital here in Vegas - basically for three things - LOW (very) white blood cell count, LOW hemoglobin (red blood cell count) and an OUT OF CONTROL case of diabetes...

I was actually AT my endocrinologist's office when I was sent down to the hospital (next door), and I almost fainted a few times - probably the worst feeling physical day of my 39 years so far... so not looking to revisit that ANY TIME SOON.

Anyway, tomorrow when I am up and able to type more, I'll fill you in on the hallucinogenic blur that was my last six days, tell you all about blood types, platlets and the beautiful Las Vegas sunrise I could see from my private ICU room - oh yeah, let's not forget being woken up every hour or two ALL NIGHT LONG, EVERY NIGHT to get your blood glucose checked! It'll be a blast - make sure you check in tomorrow -

Sorry for having disappeared so abruptly to those of you who are faithful readers - I still owe you last week's Friday update when my last round of chemo ended - lots of good bits there too - so more to look forward to!

Thanks for your care, thoughts and prayers - they're helping immensely - It's SO GOOD to be HOME!

Talk to you tomorrow -

Pittle - OUT!

No comments: