Monday, September 24, 2007

I am not sure what day this is....
(or I thought I'd post even though I've lost count)


First, I want to apologize for 'being away'... I've been here the whole time, but this cycle really REALLY kicked my tush... We assumed that it would get harder as it went on, and that the drugs really build up in your system - but I will admit, this time it's been hard to bounce back to my level from the other two cycles.

On a good note, my tumor markers are reading fantastic - at zero levels, just where the Doctors (and we) want them! So that's a super-positive note... I have been really wiped out physically - this time the flu like symptoms really haven't gone away much, and I've been resting a LOT. Anyone who knows me pretty well knows that that is SO not me - so it's been difficult at best. Plus things like the big D (Diaherrea) and my blood sugars have been out of whack - so feeling good is not as easy this time.

On another good note though, I (through my amazing doctors) am on the new patient list for the best endocrinologist in Nevada (even though he's booked up through mid 2008 and is not taking any new patients) - So that's great - they've put me on multiple shots a day, etc (one shot a day is rough for a needle-phobe) so not easy, and it looks like I'll probably (hopefully?) end up on the pump and off the pills and injections eventually... we'll see what they say in three weeks (after chemo treatments are wrapped up) and what we can do to make me a regular diabetic again - the chemo introduces a lot of steroids into your system, and REALLY really plays games with your blood sugars, so not much I can really do until I am done with treatments...

My arms are still really bruised from last cycle, but at least I have one more week to heal before they poke me again... and I'll be done a day or two before my birthday... I'm sure I'll feel like SH*T, but at least I'll be done with these four rounds of chemo...

That's right I say THESE four rounds, because unfortunately, it may not end here- chemotherapy probably will, but there is still a chance I'll require another, major, surgery after it's all said and done - I'm really trying not to think about it, but it's constantly in the back of my mind... if they find ANY traces in my lymph nodes, it is highly (READ: NECESSARY) recommended to go in and remove those nodes - a major, through the abdomen/chest surgery... I am praying (and ask that anyone who reads this does too) that when I go for the Cat Scan on the 30th of October that by G*D's will and the healing power of positive thought, and modern medicine, I will not require another surgery.... it will take me out of work for a MONTH, and while I think I did really good with my testicular removal surgery, this one scares me.... So we'll see...

What else? It's NOT all about the cancer - can't let it be... work is ok, been pretty busy, working on some videos, some print work, and I created an interactive program for a NY presentation to Lennar last week - Yes, I AM a Jack Of All Trades (GRIN) - I've mastered most of them in my lengthy career - I am just not always called upon to do such things... My partner Mike's father-in-law passed away this last week - after a long battle with cancer - an awesome man, and we send our condolences....

One thing hearing the words "You've got cancer" makes you do on some level is re-think your priorities and what you're doing with your life - it's a good wake up call, and I am trying to apply it to my life, although until I am totally healed, there are many areas that it's tough to apply to... one of those areas are projects I've been developing for YEARS... some since college, some since high school, but all a long time... Some are feature film ideas (I am trying to write again - more story/book form and then I'll collaborate with a screen writer to get it into script form...) A children's show (puppet/animation based) - I KNOW this one is a go once I get some financial backing behind it... a themed restaurant idea... and my biggest, probably most ambitious concept - a Broadway show. SO, anyone reading again... it's NOT always about what you know - it's about WHO you know... any contacts or introductions in any of those fields would always be welcome... another exciting thing that's happening is that because of my show on HBO/Cinemax I am being contacted a LOT with movie and tv script concepts... so it is adding fuel to my fire to produce and get out there, back into the Hollywood scene, even if on a freelance basis for now... We all need to keep dreaming - don't forget that!

Tricia is doing good - taking care of me - I feel really bad for being so tired all the time, etc, but she says it's ok, and I'll take her word on that... I'll be better soon, and will bounce back and do what I can... she's got a bunch of jewelry shows booked for the next two months or so, so she's excited by that... and a few 'trade' shows as well - we just need to get the word out - WOM (word of mouth) is always best, so, please let your friends know about www.myblingspot.com for the upcoming holiday season... thanks!

And The Sam Man is doing pretty good too - a good boy, but not a great listener... (HA!) But he means well (we think!) ... he's taken up Karate/Tae Kwan Do and is in the 'Tiny Tigers' league... he is actually doing really well with the moves (high block, high kick, etc.), but sometimes has trouble listening to instruction - 'get to the back of the line' or 'Sam, get on your star' or 'Sam, now is not the time for talking' (A Pittle Family Favorite!)... but he's awesome and getting so big - eating like two kids, and has his fourth birthday coming up in November - AMAZING that he's turning four! Makes me feel old... here's a quick laugh for all you parents out there: We tucked him in the other night, and unlike most nights, he went down pretty quietly... hmm we thought.. what's he up to... ? I went in to check on him, and noticed some shiny water-like substance on his desk... I touched (DANGER DANGER) and then saw the Johnson's baby shampoo bottle opened on his desk.... hmmm..not goood.. it was all over everything (at least it seemed like it)... then I saw it was on TOP of his locker dresser.. (two times as tall as him) so he must have stood on his bed to achieve that trick.... he didn't think he'd done anything wrong... at least he never painted his room with CRAP (well not yet anyway!)... ahh.. that's our boy....

Thanks for still checking in on me - I am going to try to be better as I feel better, since I know a lot of people are looking in on my progress...It means a lot... and for those of the Jewish faith - A Happy HEALTHY New Year to my family, myself, and to all of you.

Pittle - OUT!

No comments: