Saturday, August 04, 2007

Day Six...
(or.. THE FOG)


Well, not that it was UNEXPECTED or anything (since the doctors were kind enough to inform me that I'd be spending the next few days or so in something that feels like the worst case of the flu I've ever had..) but I have been conscious much less that I can appreciate today.

I had a 'mostly' restful night of sleep, with the assistance of dual Tylenol PM's, but sleeping on my back with my feet up is a little different from my usual comforting fetal position... but I guess I was tired enough to only get up once... which was no easy task, I assure you at 4:30am.

Got up around 9ish, I guess, and walked a little, then Trish and I went down for some breakfast. Ate some challah bread and some yogurt. Had the FIRST little twinges of possible nausea, so I took the meds that the doctors gave me... came back up and passed out for a few more hours...

AND then woke up again for a bit.. TP went out and got us some lunch... I ate some white rice, noodles, and a little white chicken... could'nt do much more than that... but it was good... then - YOU GUESSED IT - went back to sleep...

... TA DA! Then I woke up again around the 6 o'clock hour, talked to my Mom and Dad on the phone to let them know I was still around (grin) and FINALLY (gross) jumped in the shower! Feels good to be clean... my legs are doing 'ok' ... better at least - not as swollen - mostly my ankles, etc... but not quite back to normal either... The best way I can describe my current state is a 'fog'... which I've read about happening as the chemo leaves your body... but who knows, it could be just me.

No photo opp today - I haven't done my hair - maybe tomorrow. Thanks for checking in on me - more news tomorrow... check out the guestbook on the left and say hi!

Pittle - OUT!

No comments: