The Blog Backlog...
(Or, "Feeling better, one day at a time...")
Ok, so I missed a few days here or there... what can you do?
Looking back...
Mom's visit was good.... she was great with Sammy as always, and he loved having his Bubbe' here... unfortunately, it was during a treatment week, so I slept most of the time, but it was nice having her here... She got home safe yesterday.... thanks Mom for all your help! I'm sure Dad is happy to have you home!
The weekend was certainly a blur... TIRED... slept a LOT, as was expected... Monday I went in for a long-lasting version of the shot I got last round, to keep my white blood cell count up... I have also apparently broken out in a little bit of a rash on my chest (and a little on my head)... it's more of a follicle issue than a true rash - the hair follicles being annoyed by the chemotherapy... Doctor Goodman saw me and checked me out... said just to soak in a warm bath or two... nothing to really worry about, just keep an eye on it...
Tuesday was a little rough - mostly the shot I believe, making me really tired... and this round I have to admit that my taste buds are NOT bouncing back as quick as last time... kind of annoying... can't taste a lot, so trying different things to see what I can... mostly salty or sweet break through, but no real flavors... I know it will come back eventually though...
Wednesday I had an appointment with my urologist who discovered the cancer, and was also my oncologist (surgeon) for my operation. He was VERY happy with where everything stands halfway through the cycles of treatment... he also commented how I make a pretty good looking bald guy... always nice to hear *GRIN*... we'll see.. I ordered my diamond earrings and am going to purchase some new glasses too... hey, a Hollywood producer has to look the part (at least for a while, right?) ... Now I have to grow back my goatee.... (NOT HAPPENING YET *FROWN*)... From what I understand I am looking at about 6 months out from treatment before I can get most of my hair back, so we'll see... My Doctor (the urologist) ordered a neck to pelvic cat scan and blood work, etc. for the end of October once all of my cycles are done, to review everything and see where we go from there...
TODAY: Thursday... early yet (about 11:30 am). Tricia and I are heading over to the Nevada Cancer Institute so I can give in my blood work. Then we're heading over to Fry's Electronics to get some new lights so we can take photos of Trish's new jewelry arrivals... Sammy is in school...
SPEAKING OF SAMMY:... WHOA! Unfortunately, he's having some issues... he has been saying his mouth hurts, and his 'skeleton' hurts, etc. Trish took him to the Doctor yesterday, where he checked out fine... he is seeking attention, because he sees that when Daddy doesn't feel well, he gets presents and cookies and attention, etc. He's also throwing some CRAZY tantrums... in public, at home, in restaurants, etc... I had to take him outside the other day... he screamed so loud everyone in the place turned around and dropped their forks/spoons... We're trying to give him a lot of extra love to help, and we're going to take him to a child psychologist to help him understand that he'll be o.k. and can't catch my cancer, and everything will be o.k. ... and it will be... just lots of stress, and he's ONLY almost four... he can't express himself the same way we can, you know? Must be frustrating... maybe we'd scream too?
I think that's it for now... I'll try to be better/more prompt with my postings... now that I am starting to feel better, and am on my upswing... Thanks for the love and support!
Pittle - OUT!

No comments:
Post a Comment