
Take it OFF... take it ALL off....
(Or - "Dear Mr. Savalas, I'm deeply sorry for making fun of you in yesterday's post...")
Yes Sir... tonight was the end of the road for my luxurious head of hair (well, it used to be ... GRIN... until it all started to thin and fall out!)... so I took matters into my own hands this evening (actually, it was Tricia's hands, if you want to be technical - I didn't need to pull a "Britney" on myself) and took off my hair and goatee... DO NOT BE ALARMED
My pillow and my towels were SO full of hair, it actually became difficult to manage, so I made the decision at work yesterday... and when I came home, Trish did it for me... *I don't think she wanted to go as short as I did... but that's what I wanted... so she obliged.
On a GOOD note, my almost bald head (I am not making it smooth for everyone out there who's wondering... just a SMALL layer of fuzz.... until that falls out on it's own) does NOT look like an eggplant, as I had imagined once it might... so that was a relief to me... And here's a small bit of "Pittle Trivia" for you: I've had my goatee (in one scraggly form or another - beard, goatee, etc.) since I was in the TENTH GRADE. I only shaved it all off for high school graduation (it grew back pretty good in about 5 days.) and now. I don't believe that that is a Guinness Book Of World Records entry, but I think it was pretty good.
So unfortunately, over the past two nights or so I have been in a bit of pain... not to get tooooo disgusting (but hey, you're here for the truth, right??) but I have been plagued with mouth sores (a side effect I knew about, and worked hard to avoid) to the extreme -I have woken up the past two nights, my mouth and tongue in EXTREME pain (imagine multiple cold sores, all over your mouth AT ONCE!) It's not pleasant, and the only relief I had last night was Chloreseptic in 2-hourly intervals to numb the pain... NOT GOOD... we're going to get some Orajel today to try to numb it better... they'll go away, but I've got a constant headache like a donkey kicked me in the face.... give or take.
So, reading back in my blog, being Mr. "I won't get any of those side effects hopefully, even though the Doctors have warned me to expect them" is getting his tush kicked by hair loss and mouth sores... WOO HOO!... Hey, it is what it is... and I can handle it... wasn't EXPECTING IT (even though I was told too, yes I know - I should listen better)... but I will suffer through like everyone else who goes through this...
In the end, the treatment is certainly not as bad as imagined, and the result is being better... and that's what we're striving for - So I will put my head down and move forward through the pain and vain-ness, and bust out the other side a better person for having experienced it...
So, I think that's about it for now... I am going to go take some more ibuprofen, so my eyes don't pop out of my head... GRIN... Updates as they're available...
Thanks as always for the love, support, and for keeping up with my story... it means a lot!
Pittle - OUT!

2 comments:
Hey man,
Glad to hear you are keeping your spirits so high.
Wish you all the best.
Rob
P Man
Thoughts & prayers coming your way.
Miss you man.
Give my best to Sammy & Trish.
Hang in there!
Fulpy
Post a Comment