Days Four and Five (Yep, a COMBO)
(Or, Ah... the FOG has returned...)
Howdy folks! Sorry for falling off the radar, but this is the first time in the last two days or so I've been feeling up to actually sitting at the computer and typing with (what feels like) these ham hocks I am calling hands for the moment.
Originally they (the Doc's & Nurses) had cut back on my hydration, due to my swelling and bloating last round, but on days four and five they decided it was better to have more fluid then less, so LET THE BLOAT BEGIN again! *FROWN*...
It's ok, as I've said in past entries, we do what we must to get better (even if it's speak in third person like that!) so I'll get through it...
Mom got here ok from Florida, it's nice to have her here with us, and Sammy is enjoying his Bubbe' SO MUCH... She's been a real trooper hanging out at the Nevada Cancer Institute with Trish and I... I know it's not easy for her to see me going through this, especially on a treatment week, all hooked up and pumping with the IV's, etc... but she's being strong, and at least not showing sadness/etc. in front of me or Trish/Sammy... I am sure I look a sight, and most of the time I would be trying to put on a happy face in her presence, but unfortunately I am feeling mostly like burnt toast right now... (not eating it, but feeling like it).
Been sleeping with my feet up (most uncomfortable position, besides hanging from the ceiling like a bat, I imagine) for the swelling, and it's been helping, but last time it took until sometime around Monday afternoon before most of it was gone... that's how the extra fluids/chemo leave your body... kidneys mostly... so it's better to get it all out...
I go in on Monday for my shot to alleviate what happened at the end of the first round (with low white-blood cell count)... it is a longer lasting version of the two shots I had last time, and should stop me from hitting similar lows, etc.
I guess that's going to be it for now... I am feeling 'ok', staying positive, and eating what I can... when I have another useful burst of consciousness, I'll make sure to come on and say something witty *GRIN*
Thanks for checking on me!
Pittle - OUT!

No comments:
Post a Comment